Now that you have already installed your JCow site, here the steps to make it looks like facebook site.
1. Download the Facebook theme at http://www.jcow.net/themes/
2. Go to your Cpanel>File Manager>JcowFolder>themes
3. Click upload and look for the downloaded theme in your pc.
4. After uploading, select the facebook.zip and click extract.
5. Go to your social site and login. ex: http://erickabuzo.co.cc/social
6. Click AdminCP and go to themes
7. Select Facebook and save changes
8. Refresh the page.
Have you ever think of having your own Social Networking Site? But you don’t know how to have it without spending pennies to a website programmer. Having your own Social Site and being the administrator of the site is really great. With this, you feel like Zuckerberg where you can do anything to any members of the site.
I would like to share with you 3 major steps on how to create your own social site via JCow. Before going into these steps, you should have a Web Hosting account. If none, you may like to have the Cheapest Web Hosting ever at HostScripter Web Services or at their FanPage.
I. How to Install Your Social Networking Site (Facebook Like Site)
2. Input your desired domain in the textbox (www.__________.co.cc) example: jaydelacruz
3. Click “Check Availability”.
4. You should get this message “is available – One year domain registration for $0”, else search for another.
5. Click “Continue to Registration”
6. Fill out the form to register. Take note of your active email address, username, and password.
For these steps, you should have already a hosting account. If you haven’t, please buy a hosting and proceed to step #7.
7. Click “Manage Domain”. Please login first using your email as username.
8. Select your domain you want to manage
9. Select “Nameservers”
10. Input the nameservers given by your hosting. It is usually comes in pair. (example: ns1.hostscripter.com, ns2.hostscripter.com).
11. Lastly, click update.
Note: You will wait for a maximum of 48 hrs for the domain and hosting to be connected.
A port scanner is a handy tool that scans a computer looking for active ports. With this utility, a potential “hacker” can figure out what services are available on a targeted computer from the responses the port scanner receives. Take a look at the list below for reference.
Target Host: http://www.yourcompany.com
TCP Port :7 (echo)
TCP Port :9 (discard)
TCP Port :13 (daytime)
TCP Port :19 (chargen)
TCP Port :21 (ftp)
TCP Port :23 (telnet)
TCP Port :25 (smtp)
TCP Port :37 (time)
TCP Port :53 (domain)
TCP Port :79 (finger)
TCP Port :80 (www)
TCP Port :110 (pop)
TCP Port :111 (sunrpc)
Scanning for open ports is done in two ways. The first is to scan a single IP address for open ports. The second is to scan
a range of IP address to find open ports.
Try to think about this like calling a single phone-number of say 555-4321 and asking for every extension available. In relation to scanning, the phone-number is equivalent to the IP address and the extensions to open ports.
Scanning a range of IP address is like calling every number between 555-0000 to 555-9999 and asking for every extension available at every number.